Before we get going in 2013 and start the next chapter of club and player development, we want to look back at the previous 12 months to remember the great moments and memories for the teams and players of FC Wisconsin Eclipse. 2012 was a special year for FC Wisconsin Eclipse for many reasons, not the least of which being that it was the first year of the club’s existence. But there is a lot more ...
In a sign of the bright future of the club and its players, the last few months of 2012 brought the year to a close with a bang:
- U16 Team Goes Undefeated at the ECNL National Showcase in Sanford, Florida. With wins against Solar-Chelsea (TX), Concorde Fire (GA), and a tie against McLean Soccer Association (VA), the U16 team went unbeaten at one of the nation’s biggest and most difficult college showcase events. This brought their record in the 2 ECNL Showcases of the 2012-2013 season to 4 wins, 1 tie, and 1 loss – a sign that the team can compete with the best in the country. Click here for more information.
- Four Players Selected to id2 Training Camp in Casa Grande, AZ. Four players from the U14 FC Wisconsin Eclipse team were invited to participate in US Club Soccer’s prestigious id2 National Identification and Development Program in early December in Arizona. Only 60 players from the 1998 and 1999 birth years from across the country were invited to attend the three-and-a-half day camp and be scouted for potential consideration for the U14 US Soccer Youth National Team. Click here for more information on the camp.
- FC Wisconsin Eclipse Director to Assist with Chicago Red Stars Professional Team. 2013 will see the launch of the new National Women’s Soccer League – the top professional women’s league in the United States. The league will feature 8 teams, each of whom will have 3 players from the US Women’s National Team, 2 players from the Canadian Women’s National Team, and 2 players from the Mexican Women’s National Team. FC Wisconsin Eclipse Director Christian Lavers will be an assistant with the Chicago team in the inaugural season. (The job will not interfere with responsibilities with FC Wisconsin Eclipse.) Click here for more information.
- Unmatched College Exposure for ECNL Teams. At the ECNL National Showcase in Sanford, the FC Wisconsin Eclipse teams were watched by approximately 80 different colleges (including one game that saw 56 different coaches on the sideline). The college recruiting exposure for ECNL players is unmatched. Click here for Top Drawer Soccer’s perspective.
- U15 Team Sits in 6th Place, 1 Point out of Champion’s League Wildcard Contention. The U15 team is currently in 6th place in the brutally difficult ECNL Midwest Conference, only one point out of consideration for the ECNL Champions League Post-Season Play-Off. With 1 conference game to play, and 3 Showcase games remaining, everything is to play for in the coming months!
- FC Wisconsin Eclipse Players do Functional Movement Screens and receive Tailored Strength and Flexibility Training to Improve Performance and Reduce Injury. Every player in the program went through a Functional Movement Screen to identify individual areas of muscle weakness or inflexibility. After the screen, the players and parents were educated on the FMS and provided individually-tailored exercises to help correct deficiencies and reduce risk of injury in the future. Click here for more information.
These were just some of the happenings of the past month of the ECNL season at FC Wisconsin Eclipse. We are tremendously excited for what 2013 will bring for the development and growth of our players. Come to a training, and see what makes us so different!
ASPIRE ... DEVELOP ... BECOME ELITE