FC WI Eclipse alums were starring all over the country this weekend, as the 2015 college season kicked-off. With dozens of former players in conferences across the United States, FC WI Eclipse players continued to show what long-term athlete development looks like.
- McKenna Meuer was on fire for the University of Wisconsin, scoring two goals in two games as the Badgers opened the season 2-0. She scored the game-winner against Western Michigan, and opened the scoring against North Dakota. Holly Heckendorf also got the start for Wisconsin, and Steph Fabry came off the bench for her first minutes as a college freshman.
- After dropping the season opener at home, Marquette roared back for a 2-1 win against Michigan. Freshman Allison Jacobson opened her college goal scoring account on Sunday, with captain Jacie Jermier and sophomore Caroline Fink earning starts in both games.
- Michela Ongaro returned from ACL surgery with a 90-minute shut-out win for Oklahoma State over Mercer.
- Brittany Von Reuden and Notre Dame thumped Valparaiso 6-0 and Toledo 3-0. Von Reuden had 3 assists on the weekend.
- UWM upended Western Illinois 1-0, with Cassidy Blanchard and Erin Corrigan earning the start. Freshman Mariah Downs and sophomore Olivia Wright came off the bench.
- Mariah Vichich started for Loyola in a 3-2 win over UNC-Greensboro.
- Maddie Pung started and helped Florida Atlantic to a 2-0 season start with a 1-0 win over North Florida and a 4-1 win over Stetson.
- Kara Baugrud saw significant time in UW-Green Bay's opening weekend, though the club dropped two close games.
- Gaby Dorsey helped the University of New Hampshire to two 0-0 ties to open the season.
- Mary DeWalt started for the University of Denver in a 0-1 loss to Colorado State.
- Mary Elizabeth Bender came off the bench in a Duke 4-0 win over Weber State.
- Jackie Wandt helped Northern Illinois University to a 2-1 win over Lewis.
- Ally Andreini started for Loyola Marimount (CA) in a 2-4 loss to #6 Penn State.
Stay tuned as more alumni updates are posted throughout the season!